MA in Security- and Cultural Heritage Studies
The MA Program (in English language) is offered by the Chair on Threats to Cultural Heritage and Cultural Heritage related Activities (TCHER) of the Ionian University in Corfu, Greece in collaboration with the Laboratory for Geocultural Analyses (GEOLab); it is organized in the framework of the host academic unit the Department of Foreign Languages Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) of the Ionian University.
It aims at educating and specializing students in the sustainable management and development of cultural heritage and related activities focusing on security, with specific fields of reference:
- cultural heritage and cultural resources;
- the management of the economic, social, ecological and cultural sustainability of the cultural heritage in accordance with the standards and the objectives of UNESCO;
- policies for cultural heritage and its protection;
- identifying, analyzing and assessing threats to cultural heritage;
- multilevel issues related to tangible cultural heritage in the context of globalization, thematic reforms, cultural significance, global tourism, migration, energy policy and the environmental crisis;
- cultural heritage and modern forms of conventional or/and hybrid conflicts;
- innovative participatory management of cultural heritage and its stakeholders;
- the role of communication and information technologies in the management and protection of cultural heritage and tourism;
- cultural diversity management and communication techniques for the sustainability of relevant economic sectors such as tourism;
- Illicit trafficking of art and antiquities;
- the securitization of Cultural Heritage.
more to follow soon >>>